Show the world what you can do.
The Senior Back-End Developer (SBED) is responsible for designing and writing code and providing support to applications and AEM. A Senior Back-End Developer is able to work independently, assuming ownership for the design and programming of simple and complex tasks. The SBED is responsible for dividing complex tasks into smaller tasks, which can then be tackled individually. The SBED should also be able to provide estimates for his tasks and assume ownership for these estimates.
The individual in this position works with web applications and a variety of back-end technologies including Java, .NET, and is comfortable with content management systems and e-commerce platforms.
In this role you will:
- Collaborates and communicates efficiently and effectively with other groups such as Creative, Business and Technology throughout all phases of a project lifecycle.
- Works closely with Creative, Business, Technology and QA teams to ensure the technology will be functional and meet performance targets.
- Implements technology solutions that address our clients’ business needs and challenges while leveraging our best practices and state-of-the-art technologies
- Owns the development of sub-systems and ensures they follow the overall technical architecture and design established by the technical lead.
- Understands and maps user and business requirements to an appropriate technical solution.
- Maintains concise and clear documentation on the projects as dictated by each Capability’s guidelines and best practices.
- Debugs or troubleshoots complex issues in existing software applications.
- Proactively provide feedback on policies and procedures when an opportunity for improvement exists.
What are we looking for? Besides a great attitude,
You should have:
- Between 4 and 6 years of software development experience.
- Ideally intermediate-advanced English Proficiency (B2 reading, writing, and conversation).
- Proficiency designing and developing web applications using various technologies and languages such as Java/J2EE, Web Services and/or XML.
- Experience integrating rich internet application technologies such as AJAX with backend components.
- Experience integrating solutions with external products from third-party vendors.
- Advanced-level knowledge of at least one back-end programming language (e.g. Java) and object-oriented analysis and design.
- Knowledge of design patterns (e.g., model-view-controller, observer, etc.) and software engineering principles.
- Firm understanding of XML and JSON, and their role in software projects.
- Capable of implementing requirements which are composed of multiple development activities or touch various sub-systems.
- Work experience with new technologies and building proof of concept prototypes.
- Work experience estimating simple and complex tasks and justifying these estimates.
- Work experience building a web solution based on a Content Management System such as AEM.
- Work experience troubleshooting and debugging web platform issues using debugging proxies or similar tools and do root cause analysis.
- Work experience creating and consuming REST web services.
- Experience developing in OSGI framework with workflows and sling model creation.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience with data storage patterns and practices, namely relational (SQL) and/or non-relational (NoSQL) platforms.
Competencies to be successful in this role:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Drives Results
- Communicates effectively
- Situational Adaptability